42 actions you can implement to make an impact in the world with your vision.
The world is waiting for you to make an impact with your vision. You cannot wait for the perfect timing, the right situation or the right economic climate. You have to start pursuing your vision now.
Live your vision
You don’t have to go to another seminar or workshop, watch another program or listen to another vision sermon to move your vision forward. It is time to do what you know to do. Every day you do not execute your vision is another day that you, others and the world misses your contribution.
I will be the first to admit that I have made too many excuses to “why” I could not live my vision. I would say, “I was too busy, someone was already doing what I wanted to do, I did not have enough education or my resources were too limited.”
I crippled myself from moving forward in my vision because I simply spent too much time making excuses. The excuses left me exhausted before I ever got started. I have made a conscious decision to stop wasting time making excuses and participate in the process of living my vision.
Here is a brief list of things I suggest trying that will empower you to vision success. I have tried several and they have affected my life in a phenomenal way and there are several more I am implementing.
The list will challenge your old way of thinking, interfere with your comfort zone and change your normal routine. I admonish you to give some of them a try and see what happens.
1. Narrow your T.V. time to one hour or less a day.
2. Give up a half hour of sleep to work on your vision.
3. Spend thirty minutes or less on Facebook or searching on the internet unless you are working on your vision.
4. Spend at least thirty minutes a day in prayer, meditation or thinking.
5. Use the time you spend in the car for listening inspirational/motivational books or empowering messages.
6. Take your lunch to work and go to a quiet place to meditate, read, pray or write. Places you can go to are the library, park or a quiet restaurant.
7. Spend no more than ten or fifteen minutes a day texting or talking on the phone.
8. Stop trying to do and be everything for everybody.
9. If you have children, you may want to narrow them down to participating in no more than two major activities.
10. When you are at your children’s practices or rehearsals work on your vision.
11. Use vacation time or personal days to take a mini vacation to work on you.
12. Exercise and eat right so that you will have energy to do what you need to do.
13. Take a thirty-minute walk four or five days a week to exercise, clear your mind and think.
14. Set aside time daily to read through your written vision and goals.
15. Use a journal to record your daily thoughts and activities.
16. Listen to an inspirational podcast daily.
17. Spend quality time with your significant other and family.
18. Take up a new hobby.
19. Start that business you have been talking and dreaming about doing.
20. Meet some new people or go to some different places to broaden your horizons.
21. Learn a new subject matter that will expand your knowledge base and break up any mental monotony.
22. Challenge yourself to read one book a month.
23. Make a dream list and actively knock items off.
24. Say ‘I love you’ daily to the people who mean the most to you.
25. Write down at least 5 goals that you want to accomplish within the next 12 months. Check out my ebook ‘Goals Matter!‘.
26. Create a quiet place in your home to work on your vision.
27. Pay off a major debt in the next 12 months.
28. Write out your vision statement in detail.
29. Take a 3-5 day vacation to the beach or mountains to relax, recalibrate and rejuvenate.
30. Develop at least 2 streams of income that you can implement within the next 3 months.
31. Give at least 3 hours of your time and talent monthly to a worthy cause.
32. Find a mentor.
33. Start a mastermind group.
34. Attend a networking event.
35. Eliminate any toxic relationships.
36. Don’t compare yourself to any one else.
37. Enjoy the journey and celebrate your life.
38. Let go of worry.
39. Express gratitude daily.
40. Identify 5-7 core values that you will live.
41. Spend more time listening than you do talking.
42. Ask for advice.
“… I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures. I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on. Victoriously. No failure is fatal. It’s OK to stumble…I will get up. It’s OK to fail…I will rise again. Today I will make a difference.” Max Lucado
Question: What do you need to do to present your vision to the world? Leave a comment below.
Image courtesy: freedigitalphotos.net