“Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.” Ephesians 6:11
If you are like me, you may have tried to use your own tactics and weapons to fight your battles, but quickly discovered that the enemy’s schemes and strategies were more deceptive than you first thought.
You can live a life of victory in spite of the attacks from the enemy against your vision. I know that it is easier said than done. You are dealing with a present attack that is coming at you full steam ahead.
You don’t want to hear another person tell you everything is going work out. You don’t want to hear that this too will soon pass. You want real assurance and a guarantee that you can really overcome the intense attacks against your vision.
You can decide today to wear God’s armor and put the enemy on the run. Fighting with His armor will give you an offensive attack that will release you from the enemy’s dominion. Take a look at what will happen in your life when you wear the whole armor of God and use His weapons.
1. Gird your loins with the belt of truth. Girding your loins with the belt of truth holds your battle armor in place. The belt of truth helps you to walk in integrity, holds your values and character intact and equips you to diffuse the lies of the enemy. The enemy will tell you that God has left you, you will not make it or you will always be down and out.
If you are not wearing the belt of truth, your emotions can easily deceive you into living a life contrary to your designed vision. When you gird your loins with the belt of truth, the truth of your vision will come alive in your life empowering you to victory over the enemy’s attacks.
2. Put on the breastplate of righteousness. When you put on the breastplate of righteousness, you protect your heart from the fiery darts of the enemy. When your heart is protected, it keeps you in tune to God’s direction for your life. You are constantly reminded to ask God to search your heart to make sure that you are not harboring sin that will hinder you from living your vision in full effect. The breastplate helps filter your heart from the junk that the world, others and the enemy feeds you. Your heart is protected to love, lead and live the right way.
3. Shod your feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace. You wear shoes to protect your feet from injury when walking or running. You enjoy comfortable shoes because they give your feet the comfort they need to support your body’s weight. In the same way, when you shod your feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace you are prepared to stand in the comfort of His peace even in the midst of the storms of life.
4. Take up the shield of faith. The shield of faith allows you to progress forward in your battles when the enemy aims and fires his arrows of evil. Picture yourself carrying the shield of faith in your left hand deflecting the fiery darts of fear, worry and doubt the enemy throws at you. When you are carrying your shield and advancing forward, it does not mean you have all the answers, but you have the assurance He has all the answers. Pick up your shield and move in faith.
5. Wear the helmet of Salvation. Wearing the helmet of salvation protects your mind. The helmet protects you at all times in any battle because you are covered under Christ. You can claim the mind of Christ, which can stabilize your thoughts when the enemy is attacking your mind with his lies, rumors and deceit.
With the helmet of salvation you can have the victory in your thought life that II Corinthians 3:5 speaks of, “We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.“
6. Use the Sword of the Spirit. You have the privilege to use the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God to wage an all-out assault against the enemy. You don’t have to ever retreat with God’s Word in your heart because it is readily available for instant use. The Word puts you on the offensive against every attack of the enemy. With the Sword of the Spirit at your disposal, you can advance in your vision and fulfill the promises in every area of your life.
7. Experience the Power of Prayer. Now that you are wearing the whole armor of God, you can progress forward in battle. It is God’s desire that you progress forward in battle by seeking His face through prayer. It is through your prayers that you come to know the direction for your life. It is when you pray that God speaks to you about your purpose (who you are), your vision (where you are going), your values (how you need to live) and your goals (what you need to do).
You can decide today to wear God’s armor and put the enemy on the run. Fighting with God’s armor will give you an offensive attack that will release you from the enemy’s dominion and give you victory on the path to living your vision.
Question: How can you use your armor to win the battles you will encounter? Leave a comment below.