“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.” Proverbs 23:7
Has negative thinking kept you from moving forward in your vision? Does negative thinking keep reminding you of the failures and mistakes of yesterday?
The power of negative thinking
Negative thinking can make you feel that you can’t live pass yesterday’s problems, today’s circumstances or tomorrow’s challenges.
Every day you should do something that makes you better than you were yesterday. The only way to reach the success God desires for your life is for you to make a commitment to change the way you think.
You can always improve. You can always learn something new. You can always grow. You will find that what you get as you continue to improve your thought life daily is an important journey on becoming the person God designed you to be.
Set a goal each day to go farther and fight harder than you did yesterday. Above all, make it a priority to properly align your thinking with God’s purpose for your life. It won’t be easy, but you can do it.
Negative thoughts will come to take you off course. Discouraging people will show up to distract your vision. Contrary thoughts will bombard your mind with doubts and fears encouraging you to give up on your dreams.
You don’t have to give into negative thinking. You have the power to change the way you think. Below are 42 thoughts to help you think differently.
42 thoughts to think on
- Success is a journey, not a destination.
- You cannot change what you are unwilling to confront.
- The path to living your dreams is paved with your actions and not your words.
- To change your life’s direction, you must change your thinking.
- Favor open doors for opportunity that you don’t see.
- Excuses are not accepted, get the job done.
- God created you to be an original and not a carbon copy of anyone.
- Your character is who you are when no one is looking and who you are when everyone is looking.
- Don’t let something that doesn’t matter cause you to lose something that does.
- Failure is only final if you don’t pick yourself up and try again.
- One small act in the right direction can change the course of your life.
- You are responsible for what you think, what you say and how you act.
- You have the power to walk away from negative conversations.
- Every day that you wake up, you should be on a mission to do something that makes you better than you were yesterday.
- Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.
- Do not let anyone talk you out of going after your dreams because they don’t see it.
- You were created to stand out, not blend in.
- When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
- Sometimes the thing you want most in life is the very thing you are better off without.
- When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things the opportunity to be caught.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding.
- You are not limited by what others say you can do.
- There is no one or nothing that can hold you back, but you.
- You can’t move forward if you are constantly looking backwards.
- Don’t focus on yesterday or worry about tomorrow because you must live today.
- When you’re up, your friends know who you are. When you’re down, you know who your friends are.
- Don’t wait for tomorrow, to do what you need to do today.
- Faith is the substance of things hope for and the evidence of things not seen.
- Worry does not add to your life it only takes away.
- It is impossible to live out your vision if you don’t believe it is possible.
- Success and failure begins with what the mind believes is possible.
- There are seven days in the week and someday isn’t one of them.
- Live your life to the fullest because you won’t get another chance.
- Don’t waste time and energy stuck in the past; it is gone and you can’t get a redo. So move on.
- Whenever you find yourself doubting if you will make it, always remember how far God has brought you.
- Don’t let the fear of what could happen stop you from pursuing what is possible.
- Don’t base living your life on other people’s opinions.
- A good name is to be more desired than great wealth.
- There is no right way to do the wrong thing.
- Life is too short and unpredictable for you to keep putting your dreams on hold.
- Don’t hold onto people whose season is over in your life.
- Stop complaining about what you allow to happen in your life.
Question: What negative thought(s) must you eliminate to pursue your vision? Leave a comment below.
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/zavarykin/6868486146/