“No individual has any right to come into the world and go out of it without leaving behind him distinct and legitimate reasons for having passed through it.” George Washington Carver
Are your daily actions bringing you closer to where you desire to be? If not, do not expect things to change. You can’t hide from the truth that you are going to have to do things differently to experience change.
I don’t care how many seminars you go to, sermons you hear, people you get advice from or books you read, you are going to have to do your part. If what you’re doing today isn’t getting you any closer to where you desire to be, stop and change directions. It may be difficult, but you can do it.
Life is too short and unpredictable to keep dreaming and talking about what you need and desire to do. The only way you and I can move in a different direction is to take action. Without action you will miss living the vision God designed for you.
Here are 21 quotes to inspire you to take action on living your vision.
1. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
2. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden
3. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” Johann Wolfgang von Goeth
4. “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” Bruce Lee
6. “Poor is the man whose future depends on the opinions and permission of others. Remember this, if you are afraid of criticism, you will die doing nothing!” Andy Andrews
7. “Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you.” Timothy Ferriss
8. “Remember, it’s more mentally tiring to think about what has to be done, and all the things that might go wrong, than it is to physically do the job.” Jack Canfield
9. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking down your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” Mark Twain
10. “Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step.” Unknown
11. “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.” John Wooden
12. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” Henry Ford
13. “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.” Jim Rohn
14. “The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn’t like to do.” Thomas Edison
15. “Experience can only be gained by doing not by thinking or dreaming.” Byron Pulsifer
16. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
17. “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
18. “Do not wait for your ship to come in – swim out to it.” Unknown
19. “If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.” J.M. Power
20. ”Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” Unknown
21. “Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.” Spanish Proverb
Questions: What quote has inspired you to take action? Leave a comment.
Image courtesy: freedigitalphotos.net